Our customers often ask to give them advice on keeping the home appliances in good condition. Today, we are going to share the best and most effective tips on keeping your costly home appliances in great condition for as long as possible.
How To Keep a Microwave in a Good Condition?
There just three simple tips that will help you to keep your microwave clean and reduce chances of repair:
- Always unplug your microwave before you want to wash it
- Wash grease filters at least once a month, this will help to avoid a build-up of grease and time-consuming cleaning
- To prolong the life of your microwave and not waste money on repairs, always close and open a door of your microwave gently
How To Keep a Stove Oven in a Good Condition?
There are some important recommendations that we can share with you on keeping your stove oven in the best condition possible:
- Before washing the cooking appliance, unplug it or make sure it’s not hot: you can hurt or burn yourself
- We would highly recommend avoiding the option “Self Clean”. The technicians of SD Pro Appliance Repair Service often have to deal with malfunctions caused by Self Clean feature. We believe that washing your stove oven yourself will prolong its life and performance
- If you own an electric stove, use a soft cloth and special solutions that are non-abrasive and won’t scratch the surface
- It’s recommended to wash the burners in a dishwasher. It will save you time and make the burners cleaner. Depending on how forty and greater the burners are, you may need to wash them during a few dishwasher cycles
What Are The Tips On Keeping Dryers in a Good Condition?
A washer is an irreplaceable home appliance that helps to get clothes dry within an hour plus it makes the fabric soft. However, to keep your appliance ring smoothly and for doing time, here are some tips that you should follow:
- Load your washer no more than 50%. SD Pro Appliance Repair Service often fades problems with drums. If you overload the washer, the drum will slowly get damages, therefore, your washer’s efficiency will become low. We recommend drying more often that overloading washers
- Check and clean the filter after each cycle. Why doing this, you will prolong the lifespan of your costly washer and won’t need the help of repair service so often
- Check the airflow of the ventilation 2 times per year
What Are The Maintenance Recommendations For Dishwashers?
A dishwasher is a kitchen appliance that our customers use every single, sometimes even a couple of times a day. Since this appliance takes a lot of pressure and can often be abused, follow these tips:
- Check and clean your dishwasher’s filter every month
- Check the air gap once a month too
- Every time you load your dishwasher, make sure there are no pieces of food on the plates
- Keep the door seal clean
- Open and close the door gently. We often deal with ripped seal and broken hinges on doors
- Use special cleaning tablets to keep your dishwasher on the best condition possible. We recommend Affresh tablets
How Should I Keep My Washing Machine in a Good Condition?
A washing machine is an expensive appliance that also takes a lot of pressure. If you gave a big family, you probably do washing every day. How to keep the appliance in the best condition possible? Check out our recommendations:
- Just like with a washer, we don’t recommend loading the appliance more than 50%. Wash more often, otherwise, be prepared to pay for a costly repair. A repair of a spider may cost up to $400
- Always check pockets of clothes and make sure there are no coins, metal and sharp items that can easily damage the drain pump
- Chose shared laundry or dry clean your heavy clothes instead of washing them in a washing machine
- Open and close the door gently, usually, the door gasket can be easily broke if slamming the door
- Always keep the door of your washing machine opened when off, the appliance should be dry when is not used
- Use special “remedies” for the appliance to keep it clean: Affresh tablets are great
- Follow the recommendations on using washing powders and liquids
How Should I Keep My Refrigerator Clean and Working Well?
Finally, we are going to provide tips on cleaning refrigerators. Just like any other appliance in your house, a fridge requires care and maintenance. Since you keep it on all the time and don’t give it a rest, here are some tips that will help you to support its life and performance:
- Clean the condenser fan once a year
- Clean or vacuum condenser soil once a year
- Wash the door seal with soapy water once a year too
- Turn your refrigerator off and leave it off for at least 24 hours once every two years
- We would recommend keeping baking soda in your refrigerator all the time. Such a cheap and small tip will help to reduce unpleasant smells
By following these simple tips that don’t require spending money, efforts and time, you will prolong the lifespan of your home appliances. You will have to buy new home appliances much rarely and will save on repairs.