Everyone loves the look of a glass cooktop, they are as popular as ever nowadays. In this article, we want to give you tips on how to clean the cooktop and even how to repair scratches on glass cooktop. We are the company based in San Diego and we specialize in all types of repairs for anything you may have in your kitchen. We provide technicians that are fully trained and certified to visit homes and deal with any issues you may have.
Tips On Repairing Scratches
Firstly, we would like to give some tips when it comes to cleaning your cooktop. This can be done by yourself at home.
- If you are having difficulty cleaning or trying to repair a scratch we are the people you need to call. Okay, let’s begin with these tips. A good way to remove any scratches from your glass cooktop is to use baking soda. This method can work for minor repairs and scratches.
- Our advice would be to have a sponge ready and some warm water. Combine the baking soda with some water in a bowl, then add the mix to the stove with your fingers. Then you can gently rub the cloth over the paste wherever the scuffs or scratches are. Then you can clean the paste away with the damp cloth. This should eradicate any scuffs or scratches from the top of your stove. If there are any deep scratches, that is another matter and you will need professionals like us to repair your ceramic stovetop.
- We would also recommend cleaning your glass stove top with toothpaste. As toothpaste has peroxide and baking soda it is very useful when cleaning a ceramic glass stovetop. All you will need to do is have a cloth ready and squeeze some toothpaste into the cloth and rub the area where there is a problem. Use small circular motions and you should find the small scuffs and scratches disappear. If you do not see any improvement, we recommend doing it over again.
- Another good tip when you are looking at cleaning your stove tops is the nail polish method. We know it sounds crazy but you need to try and you will be amazed at how effective it can be. First, you will need to add some polish on the nail brush and add it to the scratched area. You will need to wipe away any excess polish, otherwise, it can stick to your stovetop and cause more issues. Then allow the polish to dry in the scratched areas for thirty minutes. Then you use a soft pad and rub the area for around thirty seconds. This will clean small issues and make your ceramic glass stovetop look like new.
- We also recommend using ceramic cleaning cream. This can be bought in any hardware store and works well for small scrapes but not for deep scratches. You will need a soft cloth and some warm water for this job. Use a small amount of the cream and add it to the cloth and buff the damaged area in circular motions for thirty seconds. Do this to all areas that are damaged and then wipe away the polish with a dry cloth. Then finish by using a wet cloth and wipe over the areas once again. You will find this works well for small issues.
We want to talk about how to avoid these simple problems when you have a ceramic glass stovetop. We see lots of these problems every day when we arrive at homes all over the country. If these simple steps are taken when using your stovetop you will save yourself a lot of cleaning and time. First, make sure you use the correct kitchenware on your stovetop.
This seems like common sense but you would be amazed at how many people do not use the correct equipment. Make sure that when you are moving your pans and saucepans you lift them from the surface. This will help eliminate many scratches and scuffs.
Why Do You Need a Professional Service?
Our company specializes in cooktop repair all over the country. We serve hundreds of people every month and take pride in the work we do. We aim to fix all problems that can occur with any kitchenware. All the staff we have that arrive at your home when you have any issues are fully trained and specialists in their field. We aim to deliver the very best service all year round and have been helping people with their white goods for over twenty years.
We hope the tips and advice we have shared with you here today have shown you how to fix scratches on glass cooktop. You now can try these methods yourself and see how you get on. If you need any expert assistant we are here to help you and would love to assist you with any problems you may have.