What brand of home appliances to buy?
Recommendations from San Diego PRO Appliance Repair for the purchase of new appliances repair experience in the cities of San Diego.
Usually, the customers ask me in those cases where repair is not cost-effective, what to buy instead of a broken appliance. I present here for you a list of my recommendations:
If the repair of the refrigerator failed, the recommendations for purchasing by the brand will be like these:
- GE (General Electric) – it happened that GE makes the best refrigerators – they have the least problems with the seal system, they are very common and spare parts for them can always be found. Repairability is high. Frequent problems are a common problem with control boards and sensors.
- Kenmore refrigerators are simple and reliable. As it is known Kenmore is just a brand – under which other different companies produce – GE, Whirlpool, etc. As a rule, they have a simple engineering solution and they are also quite understandable for repairing.
- Refrigerator Samsung – Samsung makes good electronics and bad mechanics – mechanical parts quickly break down, plastic leaves much to be desired. The sensor in the refrigerator box is bugging up very often and the ice is formed on the tube – this is the most common problem, but it can be solved for inexpensive.
- Refrigerators BOSCH – I rarely meet them, but I meet them. As a rule, they all work fine. I can safely recommend. Few things are bugging up and spare parts are expensive.
- Whirlpool and KitchenAid refrigerators – modern refrigerators of these brands can be put on the last place – I cannot recommend them to buy except for those models where the thermostat is simply used as a temperature controller. Frequent problems with electronics, frequent problems with the seal system, complex, wise construction. It often happens that the parts are discontinued. This is a problem because the fridge is just for throwing out.
- Electrolux, Frigidaire – are the worst electronics, if there is any problem, then it is the control board. I do not recommend it at all.
Trends go to the fact that I can recommend buying only the simplest refrigerator- without electronics, just with the temperature control with the help of a thermostat – without any control board, sensor touch panel, display, and etc junk. Simpler is good. From the fact that you buy an expensive refrigerator – food and beer in it won’t taste better. Don’t bother with marketing.
If the repair of the washing machine failed, the recommendations for purchasing by the brand will be like these:
- Front load – this is LG – in general, it’s understandable maintainable construction, spare parts are always present, reliable – usually, it should take about 8-10 years before the first breakdown. Reliable mechanics.
- TOP Load, front load – Kenmore (80 series), Whirlpool are without any electronics, just with a simple ticking timer – you just need to wash. Believe me, that’s all you need. Additional functions are a complete bluff and waste of your money. Simple design as a Kalashnikov assault rifle. I like these washing machines. Reliable and durable. The newer washing machines began to use cheaper details and as a consequence, they are quickly worn out, but it’s easy and quick to change them for an inexpensive price. If it’s an old washing machine, which is 15-20 years old, it’s better to fix it, because it may work for 15-20 years more.
- I do not recommend buying Samsung washing machines – they work until total decay about 4-5 years. Then it’s easier to throw than fix it. Poor, low-quality mechanics. A machine like this – just falls apart.
- BOSCH – I changed drain pumps a couple of times – a reliable German car – I recommend, but the repair will be expensive – because of difficult to parse construction.
- Whirlpool, MAYTAG, and GE are reliable, but the spare parts are extremely expensive – replacing the spider in this way will cost 600-700 dollars for spare parts and about 385 for replacement. Is it worth it? No!
If the repair of the dryer failed, the recommendations for purchasing by the brand will be like these:
- LG – if you want something electronic.
- Kenmore, Whirlpool – are good reliable driers – if to take with timers, then they are the best, simplicity of construction and reliability.
- Samsung – is not bad drier, easy to repair, but it’s not reliable, it will be 2-3 years before the first breakdown, maybe if you’re lucky 4-5 years.
- GE – are not bad dryers, but usually with a complex design. Difficult to repair – expensive parts. I do not recommend it at all.
- BOSCH – difficult to repair, but reliable – I can recommend, but the repair will be expensive.
If the repair of the dishwasher failed, the recommendations for purchasing by the brand will be like these:
- Kenmore, Whirlpool, KitchenAid – simplicity of design and construction – spare parts are always available.
- BOSCH, Thermador – are reliable as a German tank. Difficult to repair. The repair is expensive. The cost of spare parts is average. As a rule, spare parts are available. A common problem is the drain pump.
- Samsung – is buggy technique, stuffed with electronics and sensors – I do not recommend it.
- If you have an old Frigidaire, then it’s better to fix it. Never buy a new Frigidaire or Electrolux – it’s just a horror – I do not recommend to buy it at all.
If the repair of the microwave failed, the recommendations for purchasing by the brand will be like these:
- The best GE (General Electric) – spare parts are always available, they are sometimes expensive, but once in no time. You can always fix it. I recommend.
- Samsung, LG – Samsung, and LG make good electronics – I can recommend.
- Sharp – is excellent – I have Sharp. =)
- Frigidaire, Electrolux – I do not recommend. Difficult to dismantle.
- The others are cheap brands.
If the repair of the stove\range failed, the recommendations for purchasing by the brand will be like these:
- I can safely recommend GE – simple design and available spare parts.
- Whirlpool, KitchenAid – are not bad and good. I recommend.
- Samsung and LG – 50 to 50. As luck would have it.
- BOSCH is a good one. Highly recommended.